- Harborough Road, Great Oxendon – A portaloo was stolen from a builders compound Between the 09/02/2017 and the 16/02/2017.
- Main Street, Great Oxendon – Entry gained to a vehicle by unknown means causing no damage between 17:00 on the 02/03/17 and 09:00 on the 03.03.17.
Be switched on to vehicle crime
Some helpful advice from Daventry District Police:
• Ensure all vehicles are locked. You may invalidate your insurance by not securing your vehicle.
• Leave nothing on display. You may know that the carrier bag on the back seat has your gym kit in it, but the thief won’t.
• You may think that £20 worth of small change on display in the ashtray is minimal, but the thief won’t.
• You may have innocently left the charging lead dangling between the seats. However the thief will target the car to see if there is an electronic device attached!
• If you have a commercial van with tools in it, consider making your tools and plant safer and leaving a notice visible to indicate that there is nothing of value left in the van overnight.
• Consider alarming your vehicle. For less than £50, you can buy a movement detector which takes a SIM card which you can set like a car alarm and which will text you and sound a 90dB siren when activated
• Keep an eye on your neighbour’s vehicle and report anything suspicious – you will not be criticised for reporting suspicious circumstances via 999.
Join the Alert System for your area!