AGE UK Winter magazine – a free publication can be viewed here
Category Archives: News
Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 10th October 2022
The agenda for the next meeting can be found here.
Book of Condolence – Village Hall, Great Oxendon
A Book of Condolence has been organised for those who wish to sign at the village hall on the following dates and times.
Thursday 15th September – 10am-12noon, 5pm-7pm
Friday 16th September – 2pm-4pm
Saturday 17th September – 10am-12noon
On Sunday 18th September at 3pm there will be a Service of Remembrance and Reflection on the life of Queen Elizabeth II at St Helens Church.
The Book of Condolence will be available at the Church at this time.
Her Majesty The Queen – West Northamptonshire Timeline of Events
See below a summary of the timeline of the official West Northants Council events through the 10 days of national mourning.
Friday, 9 September
- The Union flag on council buildings will be flown at half-mast. Other flags will be removed during the period of national mourning.
- 18.00 The King will broadcast to the nation – St Paul’s Cathedral will hold a service open to the public which will be broadcast nationally.
- An evening service at 19.00 will be held at All Saints Church, Northampton. Other services to be held in the county
Saturday, 10 September
- Laying of wreath by the Lord Lieutenant at Garden of Remembrance, All Saints Church, Northampton at 10.00am. Other ceremonies to be held in the county.
- The Proclamation will be read at St James’ Palace London, 11:00
- The Union flag will be flown at full-mast at 11:00 (timing of Proclamation)
Sunday, 11 September (County Proclamation)
- The Proclamation will be read at noon at Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast
- The Proclamation will be read at 13.00 by the High Sheriff, on behalf of the county, at All Saints Church, Northampton. Special dispensation for the flying of the Union flag at full mast, then immediately returned to half-mast once proclamation is read.
- At all other locations The Union flag will be flown at half-mast at 13:00
- The Proclamation will be read at 14:30 at parish and town level. The Union flag can be raised to full mast during the local ceremony and returned to half-mast afterwards.
Sunday, 18 September (eve of funeral)
- A morning service at 11.00am will be held at All Saints Church, Northampton
- An evening service will be held at Peterborough Cathedral
- Other services to be held in the county
Monday, 19 September (funeral)
- The Queen will receive a State Funeral
- There will be a two-minute silence at 11:00
Tuesday, 20 September
- The Union flag will be flown at full-mast at 08:00. Any other flags can now be flown at full-mast.
- Usual practices resume
In Memory of Her Majesty The Queen
Our thoughts are with the Royal Family following news that Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, has passed.
Books of condolence
Books of condolence will be available from today to mark the saddening news of the death of Her Majesty Elizabeth the Second, by the grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and of her other realms and territories, Queen, head of the Commonwealth, defender of the faith.
An online book of condolence is available on the Royal Family’s website. The book of condolence will also be available inside the Great Hall at the Guildhall in Northampton, The Forum in Towcester and Lodge Road in Daventry.
Opening times are as follows:
8.30am to 6pm (Saturdays 9.30am to 5pm)
9am to 5pm
Daventry Lodge Road
9am to 5pm
Please be aware that during peak periods there may be queues.
Closing of the book of condolence
The book of condolence will be closed on the day after the Queen’s funeral.
Once closed, the books of condolence will form part of West Northamptonshire Council’s archive so that future generations are able to easily gain access to them and find out the way in which national events are marked.
The books of condolence may also be displayed in the museum along with other memorabilia as an exhibition.
CANCELLED – Next Parish Council meeting – 12 Sept 2022
The meeting that was due to be held on Monday 12th September 2022 has been cancelled as a mark of respect following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
On behalf of Great Oxendon and our parishioners, we offer our heart-felt condolence and sympathy to all members of The Royal Family.
All items for the cancelled meeting will be included in the agenda for Monday 10th October 2022, 7:30pm
Next Parish Council Meeting – Monday 12th Sept 2022
Have your say – West Northamptonshire Consultations Register
All consultations can be found here on the West Northamptonshire Consultations Hub.
Find and take part in consultations and engagement activities that interest you
Recent consultations include:
Visitor use of the Upper Nene Valley – WNC undertaking a project to understand how people use the Nene Valley for recreation and understand impact on wildlife habitats in the area. Consultation closes 1 December 2022
West Northamptonshire Parks Visitor Feedback Survey – Feedback survey regarding 24 parks to help improve parks and open spaces and prioritise work plans
Consultation closes on 31 March 2023
Mature Drivers Roadshow – Free – 13th September 2022
Are you a mature driver (aged 60+)? Live in Northamptonshire?
Rely on being able to drive?
This FREE roadshow is for you!
About this event
Driving is an important part of our everyday life and the Northamptonshire Safer Roads Alliance (NSRA) are keen to help to keep mature drivers driving safer for longer.
Our ability to drive changes over time for different reasons, especially as we get older. It’s important that we recognise whether and how our driving is changing so we can stay safe and protect both ourselves and those around us.
This Mature Drivers Roadshow is aimed at drivers 60+, and will cover all different aspects of driving. There will be a short talk and then plenty of time to meet informally with our many stand holders.
Free advice will be available on car adaptions, eyesight, how your prescription medications may affect you and much more. There will also be limited number of FREE IAM RoadSmart Mature Driver Assessments available.
To book your free place
Next Parish Council Meeting – 11th July 2022
Date: Monday 11th July 2022
Location: Village Hall, Great Oxendon
The agenda can be found here