Following a recent briefing on Monday (16th March) the following measures have been announced:
- Anyone with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for seven days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others … and those ‘others’ should also stay at home for 14 days
- Everyone should stop non-essential contact with others
- People should work from home where they can
- People should avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres
- People should stop all unnecessary travel
- By the 21st March, those with the most serious health conditions should be largely shielded from social contact for 12 weeks
……….… and of course, everyone should regularly wash their hands and avoid contacting the NHS unless it’s essential.
If you apply the above measures to your private and working lives, we should be able to delay the epidemic.