Salary is in accordance with the National Salary Scales dependant on experience and qualification. This is currently £10.68 per hour. (Under review) A weekly home working allowance of £4 per week is also paid. (This is paid on a quarterly basis)
The Clerk is the proper officer of the Council.
The Clerk works from home and is responsible for –
- Preparing Agenda for the monthly meeting
- Recording minutes of the meetings
- Maintaining financial records including budget setting and monitoring
- Data Protection
- Maintaining the Parish Councils website and its Twitter and Facebook accounts
- Keeping the Parish Council noticeboard up to date and relevant
- Organising any day to day admin tasks including correspondence.
The applicant must have good organisational skills, numeracy, communication and IT skills. Knowledge of local government would be an advantage.
The appointed person will be expected to manage confidentiality of information in an independent objective and professional manner.
The successful applicant will receive relevant training from the Northants County Association of Local Councils.
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter setting out evidence of the relevant skills and experience to the Chairman of the Great Oxendon Parish Council – email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 9th August 2020.
For further details or questions please email the current clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org